For families, spring break is a welcome break from the day to day life, and a chance for adventure and excitement. Whether you want to travel international or domestic, sun bathing on sandy beaches or getting cozy in the mountains, there’s plenty of family friendly vacation spots to explore with your family this spring. Here are the Top 5 family spring break destinations:
- San Antonio, Texas – San Antonio is a great family spring break travel destination, with lots of exciting things to do with kids. It’s rich in both theme park fun and heritage. As a matter of fact, recently 5 San Antonio Missions, including Alamo, got classified as UNESCO World Heritage Sites, making it the perfect place for kids to brush up on history. Your family will love to stroll and explore the city’s famous River Walk with its’ many restaurants and shops, or you can choose check out the beautiful San Antonio Aquarium. There’s also a great museum for kids (known as DoSeum), which is a must visit because of its’ interactive exhibits including; a musical staircase, interactive puppet parade, and much more. San Antonio also features a wide selection of amusement parks including Splashtown San Antonio, Six Flags Fiesta Texas, SeaWorld, among others.
- Orlando, Florida – If your kids love theme parks, then you should consider taking your family to Orlando for spring break. Also known as “Theme Park Capital of the World,” Orlando features some of the best theme parks on the planet including; Walt Disney World, Universal Studios Orlando, SeaWorld, Wet ‘n Wild water park, Epcot, Legoland, Animal Kingdom, Aquatica, and many more. If your kids like watching or playing baseball, the Atlanta Braves actually go to Orlando for spring training, so you can get to catch a game, and even drop by a meet-and-greet at the ESPN Wide World of Sports. Here you’ll also find numerous shopping opportunities, and there’s plenty of entertainment for the whole family.
- Puerto Rico – Located in the North Atlantic Ocean and the Caribbean Sea, Puerto Rico is a tropical family vacation destination with year round sunshine, picturesque beaches, and an array of family-friendly activities. Since Puerto Rico has been a US territory since 1898, American citizens don’t need a passport to travel to there. The nature of the island itself, with its’ amusement centers, beautiful parks, gorgeous beaches, delicious food, and friendly people, virtually invites families for a fun filled vacation.
- Punta Cana, Dominican Republic – With some of the most beautiful beaches in the Caribbean, Punta Cana is a great spring break family destination. With delightful tropical weather you would expect on a Caribbean island, this luxurious getaway with sparkling turquoise waters and warm sandy beaches, is designed with busy families in mind. Punta Cana offers over 62 miles of amazing coastline, and a wide variety of family friendly activities in a relaxed and laid back environment. Here you will find great restaurants, quite beach clubs, and absolutely beautiful modern villas.
- Oahu, Hawaii – Oahu ranks as the third largest Hawaiian island, and boasts a wide variety of family friendly attractions in an absolutely gorgeous setting which the entire family will enjoy. Oahu is usually busy with crowds, lots of shopping, towering buildings, and offers plenty of activities to engage in, but it’s still a place for families looking to relax by the beach. Some of the activities you can enjoy doing with your family in Oahu include, but not limited to; surfing, swimming and snorkeling.