5 Tips to Make Going to Disneyland With Kids Easy
Disneyland is billed as the happiest place on Earth. However, without the right preparation, it won’t be anywhere close to that for parents even while the little ones have the time of their lives. Here is a list of the five top tips that can make your Disneyland trip one you will never forget for the right reasons.
- Plan, plan and plan – Disneyland is massive. Especially of you are visiting with more than one kid (who inevitably will like wildly different things and characters), it is impossible to see everything. However, maps are available online and you can plan a route that will let the little ones meet their favorite characters and schedule it so you can attend the shows and parades in between. Remember to make time for meals.
- Pack snacks – The lines will be long at Disneyland, that is a fact. And that is especially hard on the kids who can see the rides but can’t get on them. Distract them with snacks and you will have a much easier time. However, the Disneyland policy is that no outside food and beverages are allowed (part of the plan to make Disneyland the poorest place on Earth for all parents).Make sure you stock up before you get in line.
- Take family along – There are rides at Disneyland aimed squarely at adults – it will be a great waste if your partner and you miss out on them because you are with the kids. An extra few pairs of hands to handle the kids are never a bad thing. If you can string your parents along, it will let you enjoy the rides meant for you and make for a better overall experience for the entire family.
- Use the Disneyland app – This somewhat ties in with the planning tip – the Disneyland app is the perfect accessory to have with you on any trip to the massive park. It gives you all the most helpful updated information like wait times on each ride, the locations of characters and of restrooms, and even offers Fastpasses. Even if you did not find the chance to plan initially, using the app will let you make the best use of your time to maximize the Disneyland experience.
- Weather-proof yourself! – Make sure to bring hats, sunscreen, sunglasses (make sure they are UV-protected!) because it can get blazing hot in the middle of the day. Water fountains are situated around the park so you won’t need to buy water. Make sure to check the forecast for rain and decide if ponchos and umbrellas should be part of your kit.