Singles in Stockholm
Stockholm is one of the most beautiful cities on the planet. The city spreads itself out across 14 islands and has lots of attractions to see. The great thing about this city is that you can always find a nice place to relax when you get tired of sightseeing, as it has 26 parks which can be found around the city. That said, you should know that Stockholm is considered to be one of the best destination for a singles experience vacation, and parties here are ever amazing, more so since the EDM scene in Stockholm is among the best on the planet. The city is also well known for its’ gorgeous girls, who are very friendly and know how to have fun.
Stockholm has a long and fascinating history and, although it’s the largest city in Scandinavia, it still retains a very peaceful atmosphere with spectacular Swedish architecture. Over the years, Stockholm has become a city of fashion, design, world class food, innovation, and technology. Young, well educated people are now flocking to this city, driving a social scene which is super cool. All these and more, make it the perfect destination for a singles experience.
Things To Do
- Enjoy Stockholm’s Great Nightlife – As a single traveler, you will thoroughly enjoy the nightlife. Stockholm is well known for its’ great nightclubs and wild bars, and the Swedes love to go out and party. The main nightlife area is known as Strueplan, and you should check it out for a night of wild fun.
- Check Out Vasa Museum – Vasa museum houses the only preserved 17th century ship in the world. The Vasa was a warship built so poorly that it sank just a mile from dock. The sea preserved the warship, and you can check it out here.
- Visit the Gamla Stan – Stockholm’s old city, the Gamla Stan, is the most touristic and picturesque area in the city. It has the most tourist attractions in Stockholm, including the Nobel Museum, the Royal Palace and the Stockholm Cathedral. It’s a great place to wander around on an afternoon.
- Spend a day at Djurgarden Island – This island is right at the heart of Stockholm, and there’s plenty to do here. You can choose to take a walking tour, enjoy a meal at a fancy restaurant, enjoy the park, or even visit the historic Swedish village.
- Go Cycling – Cycling is a great option especially during the warm season. The city of Stockholm has lots of cycle paths along most of the major streets, and you will find it easy to navigate the city on a bike. Bikepaths have a bike painted on the ground or/and round blue signs with a white bicycle.
- Fotografiska – This is a photography museum which hosts some of the country’s best contemporary photography exhibitions. It’s an ideal destination for those who have a passion for artistic photography, as the gallery has a rotating schedule of amazing exhibitions and displays by both local and international photographers.
Best Time of Year To Visit
The best time of the year to visit the city of Stockholm is in the summer and fall, i.e from the month of June to October. During these months, the temperatures are warmest, and the daylight lasts the longest.