South Korea – Part 1: Tips for First Time Visitors
South Korea is an exciting and unique travel destination, with many things to offer all types of travelers. This country is perfect for: those who love to explore culture, history and would like a sense of comfort with their stay. Couples, singles and families (with children ages 12+). Foodies! South Korea offers many modern, Michelin Star and traditional cuisine-fare (check out the Night Markets). Many great areas to shop and explore: Gangnam & Myeongdong. On a recent trip we experienced 3 of the top South Korean destinations: Seoul, Gyeongju & Busan.
Top Tips for Traveling in South Korea
- South Korea has an amazingly rich history where the ancient meets modern.
- For those interested in Hallyu there is so much to experience!
- Try exploring a few of the cities while there; Seoul, Busan and Jeju are recommended for first time travelers to South Korea
- Korea has 4 distinct seasons with many festivals during the year. You can go anytime of year and experience amazing seasonal activities; (Cherry Blossoms ~ Spring; Skiing ~ winter…etc).
- It’s very easy to get from city to city by train; both the SRT (regional) and KTX (high-speed “bullet train”) are convenient to use.
- Get a guide!! Either a private guide or group guide will enhance your experience 1000%! There are so many little things that guides can teach you that you may over-look if you are on your own. You can do half-day, full-day tour guides or a private full-itinerary guide depending on how you’d like to experience South Korea.
Tips for First Time Visitors
- Try learning a little bit of Korean before you go! Or at least learn some along the way. The locals will be flattered and impressed!
- Read up a bit on Korean History ~ things will be more exciting when you go to museums & cultural activities.
- Brush up on some Korean Dramas, movies or K-pop videos! It will be popping up where you travel around the country. May spark a conversation or two while in destination!
- Try something that you’d normally participate in at home! (i.e. Yoga, baseball, festival, cooking class). It’s always refreshing to see how things we do at home may have a slightly different perspective in another destination!
What are your favorite spots in South Korea?
Traveloni is Here to Help
Call (800) 510-5642 and let Traveloni help with your next Asia Adventure.
Trust in our travel professionals; let us handle the travel details so you can relax and enjoy!