Top 12 Gifts for the Traveler in Your Life
The holidays are right around the corner, what should you get your favorite traveler? Here are our top suggestions for those sometimes hard-to-buy for people.
- Sseko Interchangeable T-Strap Sandals – Sseko’s fair-trade, ethically sourced goods empower women in Uganda, allowing them to earn money to continue their education. To date, it has helped 47 women continue on to university. We love the company’s chic leather sandals, which come with interchangeable beaded accents to switch up your look without having to pack additional pairs of shoes (Sseko $80).
- Shake Beach Bag – The Shake Beach Bag keeps sand where it belongs—away from your belongings—by using a mesh bottom with a reversible flap. Done for the day? Pull it open and shake to get all the grains out. We love the roomy interior, convenient zipper, and design, which would look equally appropriate on city streets ($29.99).
- Portable Jewelry Box – Storing a few jewelry items when you travel can be a pain. Especially when it comes to earrings, many women complain about them breaking in their luggage. This pretty little Travel Jewelry Box from Vlando is perfect for your next journey. Keep delicate and expensive jewelry items safe and secure in one place. It has room for earrings, rings, necklaces, and even bracelets. A super simple and compact design. ($10)
- Slip Silk Sleepmask – Slip Silk’s ultra soft, anti-aging sleep mask is the ultimate comfort while on a red-eye. It’s made of mulberry silk, and comes in several pretty, neutral colors. (Sephora $45)
- Custom Map Cufflinks – Wear your favorite place on your sleeve, literally, with these custom map cuff links. Name your beloved destination, and Wardrobe Wanderlust will create one-of-a-kind links made from sterling silver, resin, and recycled paper (Wardrobe Wanderlust $195).
- Hey Handsome Shaving Kit Bag – Help your special gent start each morning with a smile on his face thanks to this cheeky toiletry bag. Made from water-repellent duck canvas and nylon, it keeps his suitcase safe from spills. And when he pulls out his shaving cream, the message “Hey Handsome” greets him at the bottom of the bag (OwenandFred $68).
- ESPRO Travel Press – What to do when you need good coffee on the go? Instant coffee just won’t cut it. The ESPRO Travel Press is a bonafide french press coffee maker crossed with a standard thermos. Not only do you get real coffee on the go, but it’ll keep your caffeine hot for the entire day! ($49.95)
- UE ROLL Bluetooth Speaker – The UE ROLL Bluetooth Speaker is both waterproof and shockproof, so you can feel safe bringing it outdoors with you. You don’t have to worry about plugging it anywhere, as it lasts up to nine hours and has a wireless Bluetooth range of 65 feet. Bring itnext time you’re out at the beach for a full day of your favorite music, or strap it to the outside of your backpack for some tunes while you’re hiking. ($69.99)
- LifeStraw Filtered Bottle – A must-have for international travel to keep yourself safe from sickness. The LifeStraw Filtered Water Bottle cleans up 99.9% of waterborne parasites & bacteria from water sources in countries where water quality can be an issue. The 2nd stage activated carbon filter reduces odor, chlorine and leaves zero aftertaste too. They have a minimalist version, for people who want to use their own container. Filters 1000 liters of water for long life. ($34.95)
- AKG N60 NC Noice Cancelling Headphones – To safeguard your traveler against a sleepless night, gift a comfortable pair of noise-canceling headphones that folds up into a compact neoprene pouch when listening hour is over. Crying babies, snoring neighbors, and loud food carts: all clear. ($250)
- Mile-High Cocktail Kit – This kit comes with everything that you need to mix up an Old Fashioned on board–something that will certainly make the 24-hr. flight go down easier. (Flight 001 $24)
- RFID Passport Wallet – The Stylish Travel Document Organizer for Smart, Safe & Convenient Travelling! With the RFID Blocking Function, There Is No Any Risk of the Identity Theft of Credit Cards, Licenses, ID Cards, Transit Cards and Passports Which Have the RFID Chips. ($13)