Royal Caribbean’s New Ship: Harmony of the Seas
Harmony of the Seas is the newest addition to the Royal Caribbean’s award winning Oasis Class fleet. It’s a sister to the Allure and the Oasis’ of the Seas. Harmony is much larger than its’ siblings by over 1,700 tons, and holds nearly 100 much more people, at double occupancy. Its’ total capacity is over 6,000 people, excluding the crew. The Harmony has 18 decks, and it stretches 1, 187 feet.
Its’ key attraction is the Ultimate Abyss that spreads across 10 decks, at over 150 feet above the ocean waves. This magnificent ship has been designed for the vacationers who like big, bustling mega resorts. It features a giant, multi deck water slides area; which is a 1st for the Royal Caribbean. It’s also the 1st Oasis class mega ship with a great Bionic bar where drinks are normally served by actual robot bartenders. In addition, it has larger cabins than those of Allure and Oasis, and windowless cabins which are outfitted with the exclusive virtual balconies, offering real time views of the oceans waves. It also has a zip wire, merry go round, deck games, a hot dog stand, and a Mexican restaurant.
For the adventurers and risk takers, there’s s brilliant Storm trio of great water slides, that intertwine with 40 tall trees, and 12,000 other plants of the Central Park. There is also indoor ice skating rink, 2 rock climbing walls, theaters, water parks, fitness facilities and much more.
The suite passengers have exclusive new areas including a superb suite lounge, private suites only restaurant known as the Coastal Kitchen, and a full service Suite zone sun deck. It features some new restaurants which include; a brilliant wonderland imaginative cuisines eatery which 1st debuted on Quantum, and Sabor, which is a modern Mexican restaurant.
Harmony is set to sail from Barcelona and Rome, and will visit places such as Naples, Palma, and Florence. Come fall of 2016, it’ll reposition to its’ permanent home port of Port Everglades, sailing 7 night Western and Eastern Caribbean cruises.
Other Services and Facilities in the harmony include:
- A full service Vitality SM Spa which has thermal suite along with a very extensive treatment menu
- A state of the art fitness center, with numerous classes like tai chi and yoga
- A central park outdoors garden with shopping, galleries, and restaurants
- Four pools including a Solarium; an adults only retreat
- 10 whirlpools, 2 of them cantilevered whirlpools which overlook the ocean
- A concierge club and a diamond lounge
- Teen lounge areas and disco
- A splashaway bay kids water park
- A 3D movie theater
- Family friendly activities such as games, contests, and enrichment classes.