Our Top 10 European Castles to Sleep In
Whether you’re looking to get away from it all to or just want to relive a princess fairytale, these 10 chateaus offer the ultimate royal treatment.
Our top 10 European Castles to sleep in:
- Ashford Castle, Ireland – Celebrating 800 years of History & Hospitality. Your royal adventure begins when you enter through the grand stone gates of our remarkable 800-year-old castle. Discover our exquisite interiors, delicious cuisine, passionate service, a wealth of estate activities and a state-of-the-art spa. As Ireland’s top hotel destination and former home of the Guinness family, generous hospitality awaits.
- Hotel de la Cite, Carcasonne, France – Ideally located in the heart of the ramparts of the Medieval City of Carcassonne, the Hotel de la Cité promises you a timeless stay to discover the mythical site.
- Ellenborough Park, England – the finest luxury hotel in Cheltenham. For unparalleled comfort and a truly unforgettable experience, there can only be one choice when it comes to staying in Cheltenham. Ellenborough Park boasts lavish bedrooms, a serene spa, small fitness suite, relaxed pub and bar, fine dining restaurant and truly bespoke service; everything you could possibly need for a relaxing getaway in the Cotswolds. An indulgent 15th century country estate with the perfect fusion of tradition and modernity, we have seen the house evolve into a 21stcentury retreat.
- Kasteel Huis Berg — ‘S-Hareenberg, Netherlands – Kasteel Huis Berg dates to the 12th century. The castle has suffered multiple fires and 80 years of war and has changed ownership hands a number of times. Each time, the castle has been rebuilt and upgraded. Today, it serves as an art gallery and museum in addition to hosting overnight guests.
- Castel Monastero, Italy – This sandy-colored monastery-turned-chateau, surrounded by the rolling hills and manicured vineyards of Tuscany, was first built in the 11th century and then later became the country home of the noble Chigi family. The 74 sumptuous rooms and suites decorated in calming earth tones offer a country getaway less than 20 miles from Siena. But there’s really no need to travel to the city for an extravagant Italian meal—the hotel offers three different dining options, including one restaurant by celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay.
- Dalhousie Castle Hotel — Edinburgh, Scotland – Scotland’s oldest inhabited castle. A fortress fit for a king or queen with blissful spa facilities, award-winning fine diningand 35 beautifully appointed bedrooms (some with four poster beds, naturally). Standing within its own 11-acre parkland estate on the banks of the River Esk a mere 8 miles south east from the bright lights of Edinburgh, our 13th century castle is a truly enchanting place to visit whatever the season.
- Château d’Hassonville, Belgium – is in an impressive castle hotel situated in a private park. Taste the excellent cuisine and have a good night’s sleep in the stylish rooms. The hotel rooms are decorated in different styles, but are equally comfortable. All rooms and suites have a private bathroom with bathtub. The hotel is well known for its high quality cuisine of the Le Grand Pavillon restaurant. Chef Sébastien Thys and his team enjoy stunning you with their fine cuisine. If wished, the meals can be complemented with wines from the cellar. The castle has different salons where guests can relax and sit by the open fireplace. The veranda is also a nice place to sit down, as is the hotel bar.
- Hotel Schloss Thannegg — Grobming, Austria – welcome to our historic castle hotel!
Your hosts and “lords of the castle”, the Schrempf family – the “Knights of Thannegg”, invite you, not only to experience life at the castle, but also to join our ranks as “lords of the castle” in your own right, at least for the length of your stay. That said, feel free to leave your tie or that “little black dress” at home, neither of which you will have any need for while you reside here with us.
- Häckeberga Castle, Sweden – Guests staying at this palace, first built in the 14th century by Holger Ulfstand 20 miles east of Malmö, have Baron Tönnes Wrangel von Brehmer and his wife Olga Lang to thank for its current grandiosity. After inheriting the property in 1872, they demolished the original structure and built this 27-room castle on an island in the middle of a lake. Works by 16 different international artists occupy the walls of the first floor.
- Burg Wernberg, Germany – The ultimate getaway experience – wow factor included. Welcome at a genuinely historic castle featuring a real drawbridge, lavish halls, elegantly furnished rooms and suites, and surroundings that feel like jumping into the pages of a story book.
Traveloni is Here to Help
Call (800) 510-5642 and let Traveloni plan your next European Fairytale Escape.
Trust in our travel professionals; let us handle the travel details so you can relax and enjoy!