South Korea – Part 3: Our Favorite Spots in Gyeongju
On a recent trip to South Korea, here are our favorite spots and where we stayed in Seoul, Gyeongju & Busan. South Korea is an amazing, adventurous vibrant place to choose as your next destination.
Our Favorite Spots in Gyeongju
- Cheomseongdae Observatory – an astronomical observatory in Gyeongju, South Korea. Cheomseongdae means star-gazing tower in Korean. Cheomseongdae is the oldest surviving astronomical observatory in Asia, and possibly even the world.
- Bulguksa Temple – located on the slopes of Mount Toham. It is a head temple of the Jogye Order of Korean Buddhism and encompasses seven National treasures of South Korea, including the Dabotap and Seokgatap stone pagodas, Cheongun-gyo, and two gilt-bronze statues of Buddha.
- Seokguram Grotto – a hermitage and part of the Bulguksa temple complex. It lies four kilometers east of the temple on Mt. Tohamsan, in Gyeongju, South Korea. It is classified as National Treasure No. 24 by the South Korean government and is located at 994, Jinhyeon-dong, Gyeongju-si, Gyeongsanbuk-do.
- Donggung Palace and Wolji Pond – formerly known as Anapji, is an artificial pond in Gyeongju National Park, South Korea. It was part of the palace complex of ancient Silla. It was constructed by order of King Munmu in 674 CE.
- Tumuli Park – Gyeongju is often described by the Korean tourist board as an open-air museum, thanks to its large number of grassy regal, burial mounds. The tombs in question are known as Tumuli, which are prolific and impossible to miss. Right in the centre of town, the walled-off Tumuli Park (대릉원) contains over two dozen tombs.
- Small Local Eateries were by far our favorite spots to wander into.
Where we Stayed in Gyeongju
- Millennium Palace Resort & Spa (Ragung) – 4.3 miles away from Bulguksa Temple.
Our other blog posts about this South Korea trip:
- Vacationing in South Korea (South Korea #1)
- Our Favorite Spots in Seoul (South Korea #2)
- Our Favorite Spots in Busan (South Korea #4)
Traveloni is Here to Help
Call (800) 510-5642 and let Traveloni help with your next Asia Adventure.
Trust in our travel professionals; let us handle the travel details so you can relax and enjoy!
Leave A Comment