Golfing in Puerto Vallarta
Puerto Vallarta (also known as PV or just Vallarta), is one of Mexico’s most magnificent coastal tourist destinations. While it’s most popular for its’ sandy white beaches, great tropical weather and amazing beach vacation getaways, one of its’ most enticing assets is its’ wide range of world class golf courses. With six world class golfing facilities, and three exclusive golfing resorts, Puerto Vallarta is rapidly becoming one of Mexico’s top leading golfing destinations. In addition to the astounding golf courses, Puerto Vallarta offers a unique fusion of the Mexican fishing village and glitzy resorts which has added to its’ great popularity as a golfing destination.
It offers exclusive links, and accessible golf courses for all types of players. Robert Von Hagge, Tom Weiskopf, Jack Nicklaus and many other great golf course architects and designers have all left their mark in Puerto Vallarta for the enjoyment of all golfing fans who visit this amazing Mexican tropical paradise. With its’ large variety of beautiful world class golf courses and top notch accommodating resorts, Puerto Vallarta can proudly claim to be a real world class golf destination.
Some of the best golf courses in Puerto Vallarta include:
- El Tigre Golf Course – This golf course was designed by Robert Von Hagge. It’s the newest addition in Puerto Vallarta and is surrounded by Sierra Madre Mountains which provide for an amazing backdrop.
- El Tamarindo Golf Course – It has been rated as the most amazing hidden link in the golfing world by numerous golf publications. This golf course rivals even some of the world’s greatest golf courses. El Tamarindo features amazing fairways which wander throughout the jungle, three breathtaking ocean front holes, and nine holes which offer spectacular views of the scenic beautiful beaches.
- Flamingos Golf Course – This is a 18 hole golf course which is located on the countryside. When playing at this golf course you will get to experience and enjoy the lakes, the jungle and the countless birds. Flamingos was designed by Percy J. Clifford, a world class architect. Flamingos Golf is actually Puerto Vallarta’s most adored golf course largely because of its’ stunning designs and unparalleled scenery. Golfers of all levels of skill will greatly appreciate Flamingos golf course because its’ challenging and fair.
- Litibú Golf Club – Was designed by Greg Norman. It’s a 18 hole golf course where seven of them are link style, eight are surrounded by the virgin jungle, and the other 3 follow the Pacific Ocean’s edge. This golf course offers some of the most magnificent panoramic views.
- Marina Vallarta Golf Club – This is a 18 hole championship, par 71 course that was designed by a master architect by the name Joe Finger in the year 1989. It is surrounded by lush jungle vegetation, tropical birds, natural lagoons, and iguanas.
When you go golfing on the Puerto Vallarta golf courses, you will experience some of the planet’s most beautiful, well maintained and challenging courses, better still, you can enjoy them all year round. From an excellent golfing vacation, to a leisurely trip amid spectacular scenery, Puerto Vallarta offers it all.