Cruise Iceland on Arcadia
Launched in the year 2005, Arcadia is 1 of the P&O adult cruise ships, together with Adonia and Oriana. This adults only cruise ship is the 3rd largest ship in P and O fleet, and offers a relaxed, yet extravagant atmosphere. This is best ship to book for a cruise to Iceland. The ship measures at 290 meters in length, with an overall tonnage of 83,781. It can reach speeds of up to 22 knots and has a passenger capacity of 2,388. Featuring more than 3,000 works of art, the cruise ship boasts a signature style with great exterior lifts with amazing glass fronts and a wide range of on board facilities in the 11 spacious decks.
Arcadia is actually one of the most trendy, modern cruise ships, and is best suited for couples, lovers and even singles who are looking for a spacious adults only cruise ship for an Iceland vacation. The ship offers a wide range of services, amenities and facilities, they include;
- Food and Drinks: The Arcadia has a Meridian restaurant which features amazing design and a spectacular eye catching central staircase; it has 11 magnificent glass fiber optic ceiling chandeliers. There is a podium with a grand piano on the upper level and 2 seatings in the lower levels. There is a Marco Pierre White Ocean Grill which specializes in high quality steaks and amazing seafood. There is an East restaurant located on deck 11 which has incredible panoramic views, Asian fusion cuisines and its’ very own bar.
- Entertainment and Facilities:
- The Arcadia has a palladium show lounge which is basically an entertainment palace. It has 3 seating tiers and amazing high tech staging, sound systems and lighting. Seating is in banquette style and also individual tub chairs. Late night parties can take place in The Globe and Classical concerts can also be scheduled.
- There is an Ocean Spa which includes; a fitness center which has superb ocean views, 10 body pampering treatment rooms, thermal suite which incorporates hydro-therapy pool, steam room, and 2 unisex saunas. Additionally, there is a Retreat area which is a cool place for relaxing, and also for rejuvenation classes like yoga and tai chi. The sports’ facilities include; an amazing golf driving range, sports court for football and racquet games and traditional shuffleboard.
- Other Amenities and Facilities Include:
- Arcadia Atrium
- Palladium Theatre
- Spinnaker bar
- Intermezzo bar
- The Belvedere Food Court
- The Crow’s Nest
- Caffe Vivo
- The Rising Sun bar, Piano bar; and the Orchid bar
- Monte Carlo Casino, an Electra Disco and Nightclub
- An Art gallery
- Emporium shop, Piccadilly shop, photo gallery and shop, a library and a card room
- 30 seat cinema, screening room
- Aquarius pool, and Neptune pool
- Oasis Spa and health club
- Gymnasium, and much more
- Best Time to Visit Iceland on Arcadia Cruise Ship: Although winter can be a perfect time to visit Iceland on Arcadia, the temperatures can at times plummet to as low as -30 degrees celsius, particularly in the northern side. December – February are some of the iciest months. When visiting Iceland in winter, always make sure you pack warm clothing.