Culinary Experience: The Cuisine of Sultans
Istanbul, Cappadocia, Izmir, Kusadasi
Your cooking vacation begins in Istanbul, Turkey’s largest city and the economic and cultural mecca of Turkey. Immediately delight your senses with a trip to the famous Spice Bazaar, one of the oldest bazaars in the city. Next, journey to Izmir and Kusadasi, on the Aegean coast, where you will visit Ephesus, one of Turkey’s largest ancient cities, and Pergamum, where parchment was invented. From there, you will fly to Cappadocia, a city filled with natural wonders, in particular the fairy chimneys in the Goreme Valley. Finally, return to Istanbul where you will explore the village of Avanos, and the Basilica Cistern, which is the largest surviving Byzantium Cistern.
Accommodations will be at charming 4-star hotels offering all the modern comforts in Istanbul, Izmir, and Cappadocia.
About the cooking lessons: Your culinary tour of Turkey will include two hands-on Turkish cooking lessons. Each class features local Turkish cuisine made with incredible fresh ingredients that are indigenous to each region.
- Nine nights accommodation at fine 4-star hotels, such as Central Palace in Istanbul, the DoubleTree by Hilton in Izmir, and Tafoni Cave Hotel in Cappadocia. (Specific hotels will be confirmed at time of booking).
- Domestic flights while in Turkey
- 2 cooking classes, plus one Pide (Turkish pizza) demonstration
- Daily breakfast
- Five lunches and 7 dinners
- English-speaking professional guide
- Tastings as per itinerary
- Organic wine tasting in Urla/Izmir
- Entrance fees
- Tips at the hotels
- Applicable taxes
- Baggage handling at hotels
- All transportation during the tour by modern a/c vehicle
- One scheduled arrival transfer and one scheduled departure transfer in Istanbul (Additional transfers are $75 per car)*