China’s First Atlantis Resort
China’s Newest Luxury Resort Atlantis Sanya Opens on Hainan Island
The new Atlantis Sanya is a massive development on Hainan Island, which is sometimes referred to as the “Hawaii of China” thanks to its balmy weather and numerous beaches. The island is already home to players in the luxury market such as Mandarin Oriental, Ritz-Carlton and Rosewood. The new Atlantis Sanya opens after four years and nearly $2 billion in investment.
A resort destination not just for the Chinese, but also for foreigners, the government recently announced that citizens of 59 countries including the U.S., Canada and Australia can visit Hainan for 30 days visa free.
The resort includes the enormous open-air Lost Chambers Aquarium that comprises an underwater habitat called The Ambassador Lagoon where guests can scuba dive. It contains over 3.5 million gallons of seawater and is home to 86,000 marine creatures representing over 270 species. Dolphin Cay affords the opportunity to swim with the sea mammals, as well as a 1,800-seat theater for shows and demonstrations.
Like the other Atlantis locations, this one features sections for family fun as well, including the Aquaventure Waterpark with waterslides, aquatic playgrounds and pools. There is also a Club Rush to keep kids busy with activities throughout the day while adults can take advantage of amenities like the Ahava Spa and the various classes and personal training sessions available in the fitness center.
The entire complex has 21 restaurants, bars and lounges ranging from high-end fine dining to casual eateries.
- Aquaventure Waterpark – Thrilling rides and slides, encounters with dolphins and sea lions and one of the longest rivers in the region: true adventure awaits at Aquaventure!
- Dolphin Cay – Come nose to nose with dolphins, one of the friendliest ocean creatures, at Atlantis Sanya.
- The Lost Chambers Aquarium – Explore the hidden depths of the oceans with amazing adventures in The Lost Chambers Aquarium.
- Sea Lion Point – Come meet our sea lions and leave with a souvenir photo and happy memories.
- Dive Atlantis – There’s no better way to get to know the thousands of marine animals in The Lost Chambers Aquarium than to scuba dive with them.
Things to Do
- Ahava Spa – Indulge the senses and luxuriate in an atmosphere of pure tranquillity at Ahava Spa and Fitness Centre. The opulent surroundings of Ahava are the perfect place for guests to nourish the mind and pamper the body with a range of attentive services and soothing treatments.
- Fitness Center – Take advantage of the newest equipment and world-class personal trainers
- Kids And Teens – Club Rush – Atlantis Sanya is one of the island’s most popular family entertainment destinations, offering a variety of unique family friendly experiences and state-of-the-art facilities.
- Shopping At The Avenues – Guests and visitors get to discover a shopper’s paradise within The Avenues and throughout the resort with a wide selection of boutiques and shops offering luxury fashion, beachwear, jewellery, beautiful handmade garments and more.
Traveloni is Here to Help
Call (800) 510-5642 and let Traveloni plan your next Vacation.
Trust in our travel professionals; let us handle the travel details so you can relax and enjoy!